Arts Management Training for Foreign Service Diplomats
- Short Description
- Thirty four (34) hour lecture – demonstrations and six (6) hours immersion specially designed for entry level diplomats. The training will provide hands – on experience to better understand and appreciate Philippine Arts and Culture. Basic knowledge and skills on Arts Management, Arts Programming and Community Building shall also be covered.
- Participants were composed of thirty (30) entry level diplomats recommended by the Foreign Service Institutes.
- Date and Venue of Training
- November 14, 15, 18, 19, & 20, 2013
- Cultural Center of the Philippines & Department of Foreign Affairs
- Alissa A. Angeles, Project Coordinator – Cultural Management Division, Arts Education Department, Cultural Center of the Philippines
- Eva Mari DG. Salvador, Department Manager, Arts Education Department, Cultural Center of the Philippines
- Consuelo V. Zapata, OIC – Cultural Management Division, Arts Education Department, Cultural Center of the Philippines
- At the end of the training, the participants should be able to :
- Define the distinct / unique characteristics of Philippine Arts and Culture;
- Describe in detail three examples of Philippine artistic / cultural expressions;
- Analyze the cultural situation specific of their diplomatic post that relates to Philippine Arts and Culture;
- Create strategies that address the situation;
- Develop a one year arts program with three activities for a foreign diplomatic post.
- Philippine Arts and Culture
- A. What makes Philippine Arts Filipino?
- B. My place of culture and my place of art
- C. Overview on Cultural Mapping
- D. Overview on Creative Industries
- A. Understand Arts Management
- B. Situational Analysis
- C. Strategic Planning
- A. Basic Kits in Arts Programming
- B. Arts Management Cycle
- C. Arts Project
- A. Community Organizing
- B. Building an empowering attitude
- C. Communication and processing skills
- D. Leadership skills